My experiences with...

Share:

[Sticky] My experiences with Depression as someone who has EUPD  

RSS

(@pmacorner)
Site Owner Admin
19/03/2019 6:03 am  

Depression for me feels like all of the colour has been sucked out of the world. I can see/feel no positives. There is this aching empty hole that I don't know how to fill, and to be quite frank, don't try to. I often start to wallow, and question the point in struggling with my mental illness.

Thankfully, for me, feeling this way doesn't last more than a few days, maybe a week or so. I can go through periods of rarely feeling this at all, but then other times I feel this more. 

I try to apply my PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) to every situation, but sometimes it does help. It's like trying to apply a plaster to an open wound. 

Sometimes just having someone to talk to about how I'm feeling, or even just to talk about utter nonsense to try and distract my negative thoughts really helps. I also take comfort in knowing I'm not the only one who feels like this. Not because I want others to feel this way, I would rather no-one felt this way. It just helps me to know I'm not alone and that it will only be temporary. 

(@cragdoo)
Member Moderator
20/03/2019 11:20 am  

Great post, thanks for sharing. You're definitely not the only one who feels like this. I've struggled to come to terms with my own depression, but acknowledging there's  something wrong in the 1st place really is a step in the right direction. I think of my depression like a black wave/tide, some days it's in and can be overwhelming, others the tide is way out. However, just like the sea, it's always there. Just remember everyone has mental health, just as they have physical health. Keep going, you're going in the right direction.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Cragdoo

ReplyQuote